Students parking in the school lot must have a parking permit. Purchase them from Mr. Bayon for $25. CARS PARKED WITHOUT A PERMIT WILL BE TOWED.
All students taking AP courses will take the AP exam. Students with free or reduced lunch must pay $10 per AP exam. All others must pay $80 per exam. See Mr. Bayon in the main office to pay your balance.
BE SOCIALLY CONSCIOUS AND RESPONSIVE
- CPS Quest for Peace Summit: Students will take a stand against violence through permances by Fenger, Julian, and Brooks High schools! Friday, April 4th, 4:30-6:30.
- Seed-Packing for El Salvador: Earn service-learning credit by packing vegetable seeds for poor families in El Salvador on Saturday, April 5th, and Sunday, April 6th. See Mr. Bauer if you have questions.
- Chicago Marathon: Want to help save lives? Do you have what it takes to run 26.2 miles? Find out more about the marathon team Wednesday, March 19th, after school in the library.
- Congratulations to the Cheerleading team for becoming City Champions this weekend!
- Congratulations to the Track & Field team for becoming City Champions!
BE A PROBLEM SOLVER
- Note-Taking Help: Ms. Taylor will hold a note-taking workshop on Thursday. Sign-up with her!
- Speak Up, Speak Out: In the Professional Library. Come tell Tyler Portis, your LSC Student Rep. what is on your mind! Next meeting is Thursday, April 10th .
- Let's Talk: it is meeting Tuesday after school in the counseling lab. Join Mrs. Taylor for hot cocoa and cookies. Bring your hot topics and listening ears. See you there!
- ACT Math Prep: The ACT Math Dream Team meets on Tuesdays in room 304.
- Improv Club: will meet this Thursday at 3:30-5:30 in room 312, come join the fun, no experience necessary!
- Yearbook: The Yearbook is on sale for $24. You can pay with a money order, cashier's check or cash to Mr. Bayon in the Main Office. Supplies are limited, so don't delay.
- Win $50: The Junior who correctly answers the most ACT practice problems displayed throughout the building will win $50. See your math instroctor for details.
BE CREATIVE & INNOVATIVE
- Brooks' Variety Show: This will be held on Friday, March 28th at 6pm in the Auditorium! Tickets are $3 at the door. All acts must be screened by Wednesday to participate.