Interested in transferring to Brooks for the Fall of 2017? Please download the Transfer Application attached below. Required portions of the applicatoin can be completed electronically or by hand. Please be sure to send all request materials in ONE LARGE ENVELOPE.
Gwendolyn Brooks College Prep Academy is a Chicago Public Schools Selective Enrollment school. Brooks had the most improvement in ACT scores in the entire city of Chicago last year!
The applicaion process for incoming freshmen is now complete. Questions? Contact the Office of Access and Enrollment at 773-553-2060.
Non-CPS students click here.
Follow the steps below to apply online (adapted from cpsoae.org):
- Current eighth graders received an Eligibility Letter that contains a Personal Identification Number (PIN) for the online process. See your counselor for this letter.
- Go to the online application website, www.apply.cps.edu, click "Apply Online" under Step 1 and open your account.
- Starting October 1st at 9 a.m., you can schedule your child's test date, time, and location. NOTE: Your child will only take one Selective Enrollment test, even if you plan to apply to more than one school. Print the test confirmation and keep it.
- After you successfully schedule your test, return to the online site between October 1st and December 12, 2017, by 11:59 p.m. to APPLY. Click 'Apply' to identify the schools where you want your child to apply.
- REMEMBER: This is a two-step process: (1) SCHEDULE, then (2) APPLY. If you only schedule your child's exam, and do not select the schools to which you want to apply, your child cannot be considered for enrollment.
- Print the confirmation page for your records -- this will be the only documentation you have that lists the schools to which you applied.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your application is received by our office. The email confirmation will confirm that your application has been successfully submitted.
- Please call (773) 553-2060 with questions about your PIN number, test scheduling, and applications.
Modify or change your application:
- Complete this form and mail to the Office of Access and Enrollment: 125 S. Clark St., 10th floor, Chicago, IL 60603 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.cpsoae.org or call the Office of Access and Enrollment at 773-553-2060 if you have any questions regarding the Selective Enrollment admissions process or your application.
Selective Enrollment Scoring Rubric (Click here for the scoring rubric and here for last year's cut off scores; contact me, Melissa Resh, at email@example.com or 773-535-9937 for assistance with calculating your score)
|300 Points||+||300 Points||+||300 Points||=||900 Points|
|7th Grade Reading, Math, Science, and Social Studies Grades||7th Grade Reading and Math MAP NWEA Scores||Selective Enrollment Entrance Exam||All 3 Categories|