On this page you will find links to scholarships, information about upcoming scholorship events and workshops, and helpful tips for applying to scholarships.
Brooks Scholarship Competition
Do you want to win fantastic prizes while you apply for scholarships? Click HERE to learn about the prizes offered this year!
Brooks Scholarship Lists:
Here you can find information for every scholarship that comes in to your counselors. This is a great place to get your scholarship information.
Brooks Scholarship Competition Results:
Here you can find out where you and your advisory stand for the Brooks Scholarship Compeition. This is a great place to see what scholarships others are applying for!.
On this page you will find CPS' new web-based scholarship application system. Students are able to apply for many CPS Strategic Scholarships throuh Academic Works. Every Scholarship in the CPS College Scholarship Guide is listed in the system. CPS will ONLY be able to apply for scholarships though Academic Works. Review almost 200 scholarships!
Gates Millenium Scholarship: Deadline January 13th
The GMS 2016 Application will open on August 1, 2015. To be eligible for the Gates Millennium Scholars Program students must:
- Be African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian American/Pacific Islander or Hispanic American;
- Be Citizens, legal permanent residents or nationals of the United States;
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or earned a GED;
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
- Meet Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria;
- Enroll for the first time at a U.S. located , accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall as a full-time, degree seeking, first year student;
- Have completed and submitted their application by the deadline; and
- Have the following forms completed and submitted by the deadline on their behalf:
- A Nominator Form-an evaluation of the student's academic record, and;
- A Recommender Form- an evaluation of the student's community service and leadership activities
CPS offers workshops for completeing the GATES MILLENIUM. Go to www.chooseyourfuture.cps.edu to register for upcoming workshops.